Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Place of Passion

I've received  a lot of feedback regarding this humble little blog of mine.  If I'm being honest here (and I endeavor always to be), it's kind of surreal.

I mean, who knew I'd throw this blog out there into cyberspace and people would actually read it? And on purpose? Hmph. It's enough to make me sit and wonder about a lot of things, but specifically about why I blog and who I do it for.

I read a book not too long ago and there was a quote that just stuck with me.  I have read about 20 books since then, but I just can't get it out of my head.  If you're a lady between the ages of 18 and infinity, there's a good chance you've read this book too, but did you notice when your eyes encountered the phrase:

"Raising the ordinary to extraordinary"

I couldn't put it better than E.L. James did in that sentence.  I've considered it over and over again, and it just seems to define what photography has become to me.  

I started blogging as a way to share my photos and the story behind them.  Now that I have an official website, I keep blogging because it's a way to tune the world in to everyday moments that should be preserved and kept forever.

It's become my passion to focus on the details.  Things that others might miss in passing or an element that was dismissed because it didn't seem important. Those are the things I love to photograph.

I don't know how else to explain it except to share that quote from Anastasia Steele.  To be quite honest, I didn't anticipate ever getting far enough that it mattered why I was doing it.  The bottom line is I do it because I like to share more than just images.

I like to share stories.

I like to preserve moments.

Blogging lets me share the stories of the moments I preserve.

It's a no-brainer, really, and I hope my posts continue to be entertaining, thoughtful and informative for years to come.

I'll leave you with a shot that seemed to materialize out of thin air during a recent Hands of Love shoot.  A tenderness and reverence that would've gone bye in the blink of an eye - except *snap* I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment