Thursday, September 19, 2013

New Places, (Mostly) New Faces

One of  the fantastic things about photography is the new people, places and things I get to experience with my camera in hand, many of which I would never had been introduced to.  I mean to tell you I've met some really cool folks along the way and I can't wait to continue that trend.

Recently I was fortunate enough to be asked to photograph the 10th anniversary party for The Nova Studio.  They teach classes about making soap and other bath and beauty products with proper techniques and ingredients.

image

Better still, I got to do it with my friend Stephanie from Quiet Life of Violet. I have missed her and the drive was a great time of just chit chat, catching up and girl talk.

image

What a great group and event it was! The event was well organized and you could see the dedication of their students by how many people attended.

Everyone felt welcome, including me.  They had several "make and take" tables that guests could make something fun. I got to make eyeshadow and a bath soak. How cool was that for them to include me?

 Let me tell you, as the photographer, there is usually a handful of people at any event that avoid my lens like the plague. They see me coming and head for the proverbial hills, so to speak.  That was not the case here - everyone was having a great time and actually asking to have their photos taken! What?!?!?  Yes, I said it!

Here are some of my images from the event. It  was a great day and I wish many more Anniversaries for The Nova Studio!

image

image

image

image

image

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for coming to photograph our event, Samantha! It was so wonderful to work with you & we are thrilled with the photos. They will help us remember the awesome party for years to come!

    ReplyDelete