Saturday, September 14, 2013

All Portraits Are NOT Created Equal

I recently had the pleasure of handling a firearm for the first time. (My Dad swears I shot a .22 when I was a kid, but I honestly have no recollection so I'm starting over.) I went out to the range with some very close friends who also happen to be family. I haven't a clue why it's taken me so long to do this, but holy moly is it FUN!

Like any good Moment Preservationist, I brought my camera along with me. I decided to take a few shots (no pun intended) of J & J while we were there. J was really in his element out here and you could see him instantly relax the second we got out of the truck. I would have thought having a "new shooter" tagging along would have the opposite effect, but no.

At any rate, these are a couple of the images I snagged while we were there. This is what Moment Preservation means to me - this memory is so cool and important I want to keep it forever.

When was the last time you had a portrait done - family or otherwise - that really embodied who you are and what you love? If the answer is "never", then you and I need to talk.

DSC_8066


DSC_8057





*By the way, this marks my 40th post! I have a hard time sticking with things that I start, so it's kind of a big deal for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment